Post may include affiliate links. We may earn a fee if you use them at no cost to you. Disclosure.
THIS SIMPLE SHEET PAN RECIPE IS THE PERFECT WAY TO COOK MAHI MAHI FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY ON A BUSY WEEKNIGHT!
In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have a healthy and delicious meal on the table that is bursting with flavor and taste. The combination of the red onions and mango creates a sweet flavor with the perfect hint of onion. Your kids will love this!
If you’re looking for a unique recipe that the family will love, I can’t stress this simple fish recipe more. In fact, I’m bummed that it took me this long in life to know that mango and fish go this well together!
This is the perfect sheet pan recipe to cook dinner fast and have minimal effort required from you as well. Just set it up, pop it in the oven and walk away. It’s really that easy!
If you’re looking for a fast and simple meal idea that is certain to be a treat, give this mahi-mahi recipe a try!
I’m always amazed that fish doesn’t get more love for dinner and lunch recipes. Even if you prefer chicken and beef, don’t miss out on the flavor and taste of fish like this!
Not to mention, fish is super healthy for you and a great way to cut down on your fat intake as well.
If you’re looking for another fast meal idea, check out this Healthy 30 Minute Instant pot Chicken & Avocado Salad. One of my favorites that pack a punch of flavor.
Mahi Mahi Mango Recipe Ingredients
All you need to get started is listed below. This isn’t a hard recipe but all of the ingredients do matter. Make certain that you’re using them all and have everything on hand before starting.
- Mahi mahi fillets
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Red onion
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh lemon juice
- Chipotle pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs
Don’t have these on hand? Not to worry – here are some substitution ideas…
While Mahi Mahi is my favorite fish for this recipe, you CAN substitute a few other types of fish and still get delicious results! A few other great options are halibut, shark, swordfish, and fresh tuna.
Thyme is my favorite for this delicious. In fact, I think Thyme is great with so many types of fish! If you don’t have thyme on hand, not to worry! Oregano, marjoram and rosemary are great options too! (Especially rosemary!)
The mangos REALLY make this dish pop. If you are eager to try this recipe out, though, and don’t have any mangos or they are out of season, pineapple is a great alternative! Even canned pineapple! If you can get mangos though, definitely try it this way first!
If you don’t have lemons, not to worry! You can absolutely use limes!
Frequently Asked Questions About This Mahi Mahi Mango Recipe
What does mahi mahi taste like?
The truth is that mahi-mahi really doesn’t have a distinct flavor. This is always why people love to eat it.
Whatever you season it with or top it with is what it’s going to taste like. The great aspect of mahi-mahi is that it has a flaky and light texture that makes it truly delicious to eat.
Is Mahi Mahi considered white fish?
It is. This is because of its texture and also because of how it looks once cooked.
Can you eat mahi mahi skin?
You shouldn’t actually try and eat the skin because it has a very tough texture. You can, however, cook with it on and then take it off before eating.
How do you store leftover fish?
Once the fish is cooked and you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, just be certain to store it in an airtight container and place it in the fridge.
This will keep the fish as fresh as possible for as long as possible.
Can you freeze cooked fish?
My gut reaction would be to say no. This is because fish is such a light and flaky texture that it wouldn’t be able to withstand the freezing and unfreezing without it turning to mush.
See how simple and easy this recipe is? Now it’s your turn to give it a try! Your family is going to love the flavor of this simple fish dish!
Don’t forget to pair up this sheet pan recipe with this super simple refrigerator cake with graham crackers!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs – Made With 3 Ingredients
- Healthy 30 Minute Instant pot Chicken & Avocado Salad
DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS MAHI MAHI MANGO RECIPE!
You're going to love the flavor and ease of this mahi mahi recipe with mangos!
- 4 6-ounce mahi-mahi fillets
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large peeled and diced mangos
- ½ large red onion, cut into thin pieces
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put the Mahi Mahi on the aluminum foil and then add olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the diced mango on the baking sheet as well.
- Put the red onions on the sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Add fresh thyme leaves to the tops of the fillets and onion.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. You'll know it's done once the fish flakes with a fork. Take out of the oven and set on a plate.
- Put the roasted mango into a food processor. Put the onions back into the oven to cook for longer while you're completing the rest of the recipe.
- Put the fresh lemon juice, chipotle powder, and few fresh thyme leaves into the blender with the mango.
- Take the onions out of the oven and put them on 4 varying plates. Put the fillets on top of the onions and then top that with the mango sauce.
Be sure to check out the full post for substitution ideas!
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 160mgSodium 268mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 41g
Nutritional information is an estimate only and is auto generated. Please consult the nutritional information on the ingredients you use for exact nutritional information.