Post may include affiliate links. We may earn a fee if you use them at no cost to you. Disclosure.
Disclosure: I have been compensated by Johnson‘s® Baby for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own.
If you love being frugal and you’re a tired mom, then this is for you! What if I told you that you could recreate a decadent and relaxing spa experience in your own home with what you already have? Well… you can and I’ll show you how!
So what will you be making?
How does a lavender bubble bath, scrub & mask sound?
It’s SO super easy to make and do – it’s almost silly. Plus, you probably already have the ingredients you will need on hand too!
- A gentle (scent-free or lightly scented) liquid soap like Johnson‘s® Baby Bubble Bath. I got some from Walmart.com recently and it came super fast!
- Lavender Essential Oil. Don’t have any? That’s okay! How about you make it Vanilla scented instead? You can use Vanilla Extract! (Don’t worry… I won’t tell anyone!)
- Granulated Sugar. Brown or white sugar is fine!
- Olive Oil.
Watch this video to see just how easy it is to make and then read below for the details!
1. Honey-Sugar Scrub & Mask
Step 1: Add about a cup of sugar to a bowl
About a cup will be perfect! Just don’t mix it with the soap…
Step 2: Add a little bit of honey with the sugar.
There’s no strict recipe but I do typically add about 1-2 tablespoons.
Did you know that honey is amazing for your skin? Raw honey can be clarifying, open up your pores, moisturizing and on and on! It also has antioxidants! I love adding it to anything I can.
Step 3: Add a few drops of the lavender essential oil
Add a few drops based on your own preference.
Step 4: Add some olive oil and mix until it’s all combined!
You want to add just enough oil that you saturate the sugar with it. It will take about 1/3 of a cup of olive oil for 1 cup of sugar. Don’t worry if you put too much or too little… it’s really not a big deal!
2. Bubble Bath
Step 1: Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a gentle and neutral liquid soap.
I LOVE a very very bubbly bubble bath, so I tend to make a nice sized batch. There’s no strict recipe here… just experiment and find out how much essential oil you like in your soap. Just make sure to make enough to wash with and to use as bubble bath! I usually use about 4-8 ounces of soap. (I did say that I like lots of bubbles, right?)
Step 2: Put the naturally scented liquid soap in a pretty bottle or container.
This is definitely mandatory ;). What’s a spa day with out cute bottles? You can use a mason jar, a small wine bottle, or even just a pretty teacup! (Actually, you could even add the essential oil directly into the bottle of Johnson’s Bubble Bath! (Just do your research before sharing your new bottle of Lavender bubble bath with the baby if you add the essential oil directly into the bottle!)
Now you’ve got a body wash and bubble bath that will calm the mind AND smell amazing!
Now you’re ready! It’s really THAT simple. You now have:
A decadent lavender-scented liquid soap/bubble bath that will help your mind and body relax AND a natural scrub and mask that will help exfoliate your skin and nourish it at the same time!
You won’t even need a moisturizer when you’re done with this!
- Add a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the lavender liquid bubble bath to your tub and then turn the water on and fill ‘er up!
- Get in the tub and RELAX! (Hopefully you can have occupy the kids during this step so you can really get some me-time! You deserve it!)
- When you’re ready to wash up, use a bit more of the liquid bubble bath as your body wash. You can use it from head to toe!
- Now it’s time to exfoliate! Let’s start with your face. Take about a teaspoon amount of the scrub and a little water and gently apply it to your face. You don’t want to scratch up your face with it … just gently massage it. Then leave it on like a mask! Don’t rinse off just yet. Let the sugar, honey, and olive oil do its magic!
- Take about a tablespoon of the scrub at a time and rub it along your body in a circular motion to exfoliate. This should be gentle enough to use all over!
- Now rinse it all off!
A note about the scrub: Use a spoon when scooping it out. This will prevent you from getting water mixed in so that if you have any extra left over, you can store it for later! While honey is anti-bacterial, I wouldn’t consider the scrub to be “shelf stable” for long if you got water in it! So using a spoon is just a good precaution.
When you get out of the bath, make sure to pat your skin. Don’t rub it. You’ll notice something really cool… Your skin will likely be dewy and moisturized! You’ll even see big droplets of water on your skin. This is good! Your skin is moisturized and soft now!
So what are you waiting for? Check your kid’s tub for Johnson‘s® Baby Bubble Bath or Body Wash, get yourself some lavender essential oil (or vanilla extract), and then head to the kitchen for some sugar, oil and honey… and you’ve got yourself a mini-spa day!
Check out this Pinterest board for more ideas! https://www.pinterest.com/BeckyMans/johnsons-baby-hacks/
If someone is reporting an adverse event or a product quality complaint, please tell them to call the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) North America Consumer Care Center at 800-361-8068 during normal business hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. After normal business hours, they can report adverse events or product quality complaints through www.jnj.com Contact Us page.