Post may include affiliate links. We may earn a fee if you use them at no cost to you. Disclosure.
Do you love to have your nails done? If you’re reading this post, chances are that you do! First, professional gel nail polish manicures are EXPENSIVE! Second, they take a while … who has the time or money to get professional gel manicures every few weeks?! I sure don’t.
I do too! But here’s my problem… I’m a mom. I also work full time… I don’t have time to do my nails! (I barely have time to remove my nail polish when it gets old!)
I remember being so excited about gel manicures because the salon said that it would last 2+ weeks! I figured that I could stand to get my nails done every other week… or maybe every 3 weeks… right?
Thanks to playing with my little boys and regular stuff around the house, a regular home manicure will barely last me a week before I get chips everywhere. (Sometimes, my nails don’t even dry before getting messed up!).
About a year ago, I started trying the gel-like polishes on the market. The Sally Hanson one worked okay but still only got me through a week … maybe 10 days. I also tried the Essie Gel Setter which they say you can use with any Essie polish. That one also lasted about 10 days max.
Then I tried the Essie Gel Couture Polish with the Essie Gel Setter (since I already had it) and I’m so glad that I did! It’s an amazing combination!
- The nail polish lasted perfectly! The tips of the nails remained perfect! The only thing that happened is… my nails grew! So of course you see un-polished nail between the cuticle and the polish, but that’s normal even with a professional gel manicure!
- I also found that the polish remained nice and shiny like a professional gel manicure!
- I found that because the nail polish remained in tact, my nails didn’t break or bend as much. They felt much more “protected” than they would have been normally. I can rarely grow my nails this long.
- I also love the shape of the brush in the Essie Gel Couture bottles! They are a bit wider and make it super easy to apply a thin coat of polish to the nails.
- The bottle shape in the Gel Couture line is so convenient! I find that it makes it much easier to grip – especially when removing the top.
It’s a little thick, but I found that putting it in the fridge for just a few minutes before using it helps a ton!
I haven’t yet tried the Essie Gel Couture Top Coat with the Essie Gel Couture Polish (I used their previous Gel top coat). I plan to try using it soon to see if it works better or worse and will update this post when I do!
OVERALL, I’m thrilled with the results I got using the Essie Gel Couture for the color coat, and the Essie Gel Setter for the top coat! I will definitely continue using this line for a long time! Thanks to this polish, I’m able to have beautiful looking nails that help me feel more put together and “polished!” without having to spend a ton of money or time each week! One or two at-home manicures will do the trick!
If you have any questions, please post a comment below and I’ll try to reply as soon as I can!